India Corona Vaccination Phase 3: People Aged Above 18 Yrs To Be Eligible For Covid-19 Vaccine From May 1. This big decision has been taken after many meetings of PM Modi today. Until now, only frontline workers and people over the age of 45 could get the corona vaccine.
Addressing a virtual meeting with the country’s top doctors and pharma companies, PM Modi said the government has been working for a year to ensure that as many people as possible get the vaccine in the shortest possible time.
Important decisions of Modi government
– Priority groups will continue to receive free vaccines as before.
– In the third phase, the rules for purchase of vaccines have been relaxed.
– States will now have the right to take vaccine doses directly from companies.
– States will now be able to decide whether to start vaccinations or create categories for all people over the age of 18.
– The government will be able to encourage vaccine manufacturers to increase vaccine production.
– Vaccine manufacturers will now have the right to send half of their total supply capacity to state governments.
India Corona Vaccination Phase 3
PM Modi held the first meeting on Monday at 11.30 am. It was followed by a meeting with the country’s top doctors and representatives of pharmaceutical companies at 4.30 pm and a third meeting at 6 pm. For the second day in a row, Prime Minister Modi held a meeting. On Sunday, PM Modi reviewed the situation in Corona in his parliamentary constituency of Varanasi. Cases are increasing rapidly due to the second wave of epidemics. A total of 2,75,306 new cases were reported in the country in 24 hours till 12 noon on Sunday, according to WorldMeter.
During this time 1625 patients have died. Corona’s new cases and deaths in a single day are the highest ever. This is the third consecutive day of deaths in the country. This is the first time that more than 2.74 lakh new cases have been reported in a single day. What is special is that the number of infections in the last few days is setting a new record every day. At present, the total number of cases in the country has increased to 1,50,57,767.